Thursday 15 December 2011

See how far things travel on the internet

Three years ago I got involved in the PINK HIJAB DAY campaign and started the first campaign of its kind in Botswana.

There was an article written in the local paper at that time. Little did I know it was picked up in United Kingdom and published in The Muslim Weekly, a newspaper for Muslims in that area. Due to other obligations (such as this sportswear brand *guilty face*) I could no longer give enough time to PHD and tried to hand it over to more capable individuals. Surprise, surprise, no one wanted the job.. It's no longer held in Botswana. But that year we raised and donated over P22000 to the Cancer Association of Botswana.

I hope to do similar things with Muslim Women Sports Development insha Allah.
See it on their site: http://www.themuslimweekly.com/DetailView.aspx?NEWSID=TW00013880
I like how good news spreads around the world. I just wish good news would be reported more on the prime time news too.

The link to the article, click here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please practice consideration and thoughtfulness while expressing your opinion. Strictly no spam!