Tuesday 22 November 2011

friniggi singlet vs kulsoom singlet

I posted a new photo to KulsoomWWC2011/friniggisingletvskulsoomssinglet.

I've been working on a singlet for Kulsoom to wear at all competitions. The most recent singlet was the one I developed for worlds (emerald green singlet on left)
I was pretty proud of it, being the first performance sportswear developed under the friniggi brand for a specific sport, in this case weightlifting. THe rest of our performance sportswear is more for general purpose workout-wear.
For whatever reason, Kulsoom decided not to wear the friniggi singlet. And instead went with her own (dark green singlet on the right).
Disappointed as I was, I knew it was important for her to wear something she felt comfortable in, and for some reason the friniggi singlet didn't do it for her.
When I saw the pics of her WWC singlet, I was glad to see that the dark green singlet had improved from the black Nationals singlet she wore the first time after IWF changed regulations in July 2011.
I was also glad to see that some of the friniggi design elements also featured in Kulsoom's singlet:
- The vertical seam down from the neck to the crotch (An important design element that pulls the rest of the design features together)
- Straight cut from underarms to leg cuff (For more modesty - the Nationals singlet was sort of shapely on the waist and hips. The vertical seam helps to achieve this too)
- Lower crotch (For more modesty when squatting during lifts)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please practice consideration and thoughtfulness while expressing your opinion. Strictly no spam!